Monday, February 16, 2009

Gotta Pee? Get a Leg Massage!

As I wrote before, everything about Thailand is totally different than anything I've ever known. This truth took a giant leap while in the bathroom at a club the night of my birthday.

Upon entering the men's room, I noticed there were an unusual amount of bathroom attendants. I've see one, at a really nice place two, but never five. Anyways, I don't think too much of it. I step to the urinal and begin doing what I came to do. Out of no where, one of the attendants sneaks up behind me and starts giving me a back rub. Now, growing up in the New York area all my life, when a situation like this occurs, flags go up. He was sneakier than the butler from Mr. Deeds...



But it doesn't end there. I go to the sink and wash my hands. One guy immediately starts massaging my ears and cracking my neck, one guy stretches out my arms, and a third guy actually gets down on his knees and massages my legs. I didn't know what to make of it, and I didn't know how to not laugh at the situation. When in Rome, right? I made sure to visit the men's room three more times.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahah!!! that was amazing. I just told the Snake and she was cracking up. I wonder what it was like in the girls bathroom?

    ReplyDelete