Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Gotta Love a Girl Who Can Kick Some Ass

Jang is one of the cooler Kanchanaburians I've met in this town. She manages a bar over here called 1 More Bar http://1morebar.com/. Better yet, she speaks perfect English, mixed with a funny pinch of a British accent because the owner is from England. A harmless little Thai girl, Jang says things like "Fuck off!" and "wanker!". After cooking me her specialty dish, she sits down for some drinks and haphazardly mentions she knows Muay Thai, Thailand's famous martial art. I can't help but to propose a challenge. Jang is a few inches shorter than I and maybe weighs 100 pounds. I figure if it came down to it, I'm 70% sure I could take her. I take my appropriate fighting stance while she takes hers. She tells me to raise my hands higher above my face, they're too low... this chick is serious. Quicker than a cat and more cunning than a cougar, she throws a round house kick to my face. I block it, of course, because I have exceptional kick-to-the-face blocking skills, but as soon as I block, she comes with a straight kick to the stomach. Jerry Maguire said, "You had me at hello", I said, "You had me at a kick to the face."

Jang took me to an authentic Thai night club. The cheesiest but coolest Thai cover band was rockin' out and the crowd was loving it. I was the only non-Thai in the club, but was well protected, rollin' deep with a girl who could straight up kick people apart. A night of Thai teenie bopping was just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment