Monday, March 30, 2009

Ko Lipe & Ko Head-Ache

First off, happy 12th birthday Spencer. Ladies and Gents hello. Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while, I was in an island that was very far away from the mainland and internet was a commodity. Anyways, my stay on Ko Lipe was short. A small island, no more than a couple miles long and a half mile wide, Ko Lipe is a beutiful tiny gem on the Andaman coast (west side of Thailand) all the way down, as close to Malaysia as you can get while still being in Thailand. It WAS a beautiful island, but all of the beaches have been littered with boats and it's impossible to swim for ten minutes without dodging a long tail boat. The sand was a powdery white, the water was an emerald green, but the boats absolutely killed it all. I walked to some quieter, deserted beaches, but they were all full of trash as my guess was it's the garbage dump. It was a huge dissapoinment, and I was only there for a day and a half. It was a bummer because it took me so long to get there. I had to take a 90 minute ferry to the pier from Ko Samui on the other coast, an hour bus ride sitting on the floor to the bus terminal in Surat Thani, a two and a half hour bus ride to Trang, and another 90 minute bus ride to the pier at Pak Bara, near Satun. I spent the night at the pier then took a three and a half hour ferry to Ko Lipe. The map is updated so feel free to update yourself with all my trials and tribulations. But it's alright, you can't win them all.

I also feel like I'm coming down with something. My head is pounding, my lymph nodes are all swollen, my back aches, and my head feels like it weighs 20 pounds. I am currenly back in Trang, working my way up the Andaman coast, and I am headed to this tiny little island called Ko Muk, only 30 minutes on a boat (thank God). I am debating staying the night in the city of Trang and resting, as it's an hour bus to get to the pier. I think I'm going to stay in the city and rest, I legit feel like I'm going to fall over, and my thirty pound bag isn't helping. Alright, I love you all, don't worry, I'll be fine, this happens to every traveller.

No comments:

Post a Comment