Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Melbourne and My I Pod

Got into Melbourne yesterday, very cool place. It's a very edgy city with alot of personality. There's tons of little alley ways off of side streets filled with bohemian eateries, shops, and bars. I'm staying with a friend who I met over the summer at Yankee Stadium. She has an apartment right across the street from the 50,000 seat Aussie Rules Football Stadium, so I like the view. Aussie Rules Football is the best in Melbourne, with a dozen teams and the best players, so I'm definitely going to see a game or two to witness the Australian rivalies equivalent of the Mets vs. Yankees and the Giants vs. Eagles.

My I Pod is on it's last leg. Since Channukah of 2003, my white, original, buttons on top of the wheel music blaster has been a loyal friend. Accompanying me on numerous trips all over the globe and getting me mentally prepped for hundreds of games, matches, and events, this slender little baby has seen it, done it, and been through it all. It was with me on my first Spring Break to the Bahamas when I was 18. It was with me in the wrestling gym, blasting Glass Jaw up until the moment before my match for the state championship when I was 16. It was with me playing A-Ha's "Take on Me" during pregame warm ups before my first game as a starter against Wake Forest, helping to take my mind away from shitting myself. And it's always been there to let me sing my lungs out on a long car ride.

My I Pod, like an old person losing their mind (but not you grams), refuses to play certain songs, shuts off even if the battery is full, skips songs randomly, and varies it's level of volume depending on whats playing. I don't have it in me to get rid of it... there's just too many happy memories in all of those songs that have been there from Jew Fest '03. Like Rocky, I need it to fight one more round, and get through the rest of this trip for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment