Friday, May 29, 2009

Back to Killer Kuta

I'm back in Kuta now because I have to sort out my visa situation and figure out how to stay in the country longer than my alotted 30 days. Eventhough the visa's good until June 10th, I am going to another Indonesian island soon and I need to get everything squared first.

Last night at a club, I ran into two guys I did "Dirty Bangkok" with about six weeks ago. One is from Cali, Clint, and the other is from Sweden, Johan. We had so much fun in Bangkok together and hung out with these three Israeli girls fresh from the military. I absolutely loved these dudes. When we bumped into eachother last night, we jumped into the biggest bro hug a straight man can give, and the entire surrounding area stopped and gave us the weirdest looks. Maybe it was because I was hugging two guys that were wearing nothing but pink boxer briefs and a tie around their heads. I couldn't have been happier to see them.

When I was three weeks into my trip way back in the north of Thailand, I was in a small hippie town called Pai. I was walking by a small outdoor bar when two Brits, John and Garreth, invited me to have a drink with them. They were very nice guys, and one of them, John, mentioned something very interesting... he spoke about how he had a certain perception about a certain thing, which made him act a certain way. And one of the main goals for his trip was to change that perception. I found it to be a very inspiring idea, and myself, sharing the exact same feeling about that certain thing, thought it would be nice if I could do the same, although I didn't find it to be too realistic. The two Brits and I went our seperate ways a few days later before we could say our goodbyes and exchange info, and as the weeks went on I began to transform my original feelings about that certain thing, and its definitely changed me for the better. And for the last couple months I wish I could have been able to tell John that he inspired me in a big way.

I was walking into a travel agent this afternoon in Kuta when, of course out of no where, I crossed paths with Garreth, the other Brit! I was equally as happy to see him as well. We spoke for a long while, its been more than three months since we've seen or spoken to eachother. Anyway, to make a long story short... now I have a way to thank John.

No comments:

Post a Comment