Monday, May 11, 2009

Bro-in' Out

Just finished up a great weekend out and about in Melbourne. On Saturday I experienced an authentic Aussie BBQ at a friend's house out in the suburbs. Later that night I was met with a very difficult decision... I had the choice to either a) meet up with a group of great looking Aussie chicas who couldn't get enough of the American accent, or b) meet up with a really great couple of guys I met back in Phuket.

The choice was an easy one: I'll take a good bro night over anything.

I met Nick and Jonsey in Phuket the night of the New Year water festival. It was night and everyone was getting all dressed to go out. But they didn't know that there were a certain few who were still "celebrating" the new year. So as these Euro grease balls, all suited up, walked up to Club Hollywood, they were doused with buckets of water. Long story short, I met these two while enjoying the events aforementioned. I was down to my last dollar, but they treated me as if the three of us were best mates, and we got along like it, too. I couldn't get the next round and I let it be known well in advance, but all I got was a "No worries, mate." We hung out the whole night, and although I urged that I wasn't at all hungry at the end of the night, they insisted. I told them that when I got to Melbourne we'd be squared.

The weekend concluded with a visit to Etihad Stadium with Kate and Jarrod for an Aussie Rules Football game between the Collingwood Magpies and the St. Kilda Saints. It's traditional to eat a meat pie at Aussie Football games, kind of like eatting a hot dog at a baseball game. I told them that I'd give it the first half before I decided which team to root for, check that, barrack for (to 'root' for someone in Australia means to fuck them). So I returned to my seats at the start of the second half donning Magpies gear, and they ended up losing 128-40, which is the equivalent of an NFL game ending in a score of 50-10... go figure.

Australia is great and my plan was to tour the entire east coast, but it is approaching winter and it is getting too cold for me. I would love to come back, but it needs to be in the summer.

So tomorrow I'm on a plane for................................... see ya there!

No comments:

Post a Comment