Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Jew with a Canoe

Forget Thailand's islands and beaches... my mind is in football mode right now. The Giants cut Plaxico, and I, along with the rest of the Giants players, do not approve. If in the event that Plax reached some sort of agreement that would have enabled him to play next season, the G-Men need him! They didn't do a freakin' thing without him that last month of the season, and they need to find a guy to replace him. It takes way too long to cultivate a draft pick into a playmaking, number 1 guy right away these days in the NFL. The Giants need to go after a guy like Anquan Boldin or Braylon Edwards, two guys that want out of their respective cities. Personally, I'd go for Edwards over Boldin because he's 6'3 vs. Boldin's 6'1, and I feel Boldin's success is partly because Fitzgerald is on the other side. Edwards has problems catching the ball, but he's on a shit team in a shit city wearing shit as a jersey color. Put him on a winning team, and he'll go right back to that 'leaping fade in the corner of the endzone' kind of guy he was back in Michigan.

Anyways, I just got off an island that barely had electricity for a few hours a night, which was fun but a little annoying. I slept in a tent in the woods and got my sandals eaten by wild dogs that live in the rubber tree forest. My main reason or visiting Ko Muk was for their Emerald Cave. It's hard to explain, so follow as best as you can...

I had to kayak around the island to this big rock face with a little crevice in it. It was a cave opening, just big enough for me and my kayak to fit in. I paddled through a small river made by the cave, and the further I went the darker it got. Soon, I had no light, and simply kept padling, stabbing my paddle out in front to make sure I wasn't hitting anything. After about two minutes, some light shed into the cave river, and eventually led me to an entrapped beach, surrounded by limestone mountains. I know it's hard to envision, so I'll use this analogy. Imagine you're in the locker room of a football stadium... this is the cave. And you exit the locker room and walk down the tunnel towards the entrance to the field... this is the cave river. And you exit the tunnel and enter the field, surrounded by big tall bleachers and stands. On the far end of the field, instead of an endzone, picture a beach, with the field being the water. Surrounding you is the bleachers and seats, and those were the limestone mountains completely surrounding me. The only way out was back through the cave. It was a pretty unique sight.

I really am nervous for my G-Boys right now, this is a Super Bowl calibur team, and we need to fill this void right away. I can only trust it's being taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment