Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Gili Trawangan

I just got done with a 13 hour travel day... I feel like I'm back in North Thailand. I went out all night in Kuta, walked back into my home stay at 5:15, packed by stuff, jumped on a 6 a.m. bus for three hours to north eastern Bali, took a five hour boat to an island called Lombok, took two hour-plus bus rides to the north, then finished it off with one more hour on a boat to Gili Trawangan, where I am right now.

The island is about 25 city blocks in length and about 4 avenues wide. It took me an hour to take a lap around the place. But now I'm back to that fresh white sand and turquoise waters that make me want to freeze time. The island has electricity... sometimes, and I'm surprised I can even connect on a computer.

I ran into two girls I hung out with three months ago in an island in Thailand. Its so cool having all these run-ins.

No comments:

Post a Comment