Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Shall We Begin?

Thank you, family and friends, for joining me on my travel blog. It’s going to be a wild ride. I figure I’ll be away four plus months, maybe five, spending the majority of my time touring Thailand and Australia, with trips to places around and inbetween. There are no rules or time constraints, and most of my adventures will be off the cuff. If I like an area, I’ll set up shop and chill… if I don’t, I’ll leave. I might be in one place ten days and another for ten hours. Months and months of planning are on the brink of materializing, and if the actual experience of all these places is half as amazing as the research put into them, I’m in for a serious adventure.

My goals for this trip are summed up in a short quote from The Curious Case of Benjamin Button: “There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same; there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view.”

For those of you back home who have taken the time to follow me on this amazing journey, I want to thank you in advance. I hope to bring you tons of pleasure and enjoyment while you follow my life for the next five months.


No comments:

Post a Comment