Friday, January 30, 2009

Buddha, Buddha, Buddha, Buddha Rockin' Everywhere

Hello peeps and peepettes. I think I'm going to leave Bangkok today. I am just not in a big city mood right now. I am really anxious to get out into the hills and mountains, rent a motor bike, and cruise the country side. I've seen alot of Bangkok, but have to come back a couple times for connections, so I can knock the rest out when I return. I saw some very interesting temples in the city, with all kinds of Buddhas. Pretty fascinating. I'm going to Kanchanaburi today, which is about three hours north west of Bangkok. They have this great big waterfall, lots of hiking, and a national park too. The price of life here is ridiculously cheap. Meals are a dollar, two at most. I splurged last night at dinner with two entrees, a plate of rice, and a drink... cost me just under four dollars. I met up with Eli's brother, Richy, last night, who's been living in Bangkok for a couple years. He took me around to some cool places I hadn't yet seen, and also gave me some good Thailand travel advice. That's all for now... it's not noon yet, and it's pushing 100 degrees plus humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment